Welcome to the Politics portion of my website. I’ve been dabbling in politics since the 2008 campaign when I felt inspired by Barack Obama’s first campaign to get off the couch and make a difference.
I’m currently serving as the Chair of the Placer County Democratic Central Committee. I’m working to make life better for the people around whom I grew up: workers, immigrants, and others who think their voice is not heard.
Below is a listing of blog posts categorized as “politics.” They’re a glimpse into what is happening at the time they’re written. A digital time-capsule of sorts.
- Moving OnServing on the DCC has been a wonderful experience. I have met many terrific people and made some life-long friendships. But I need to put my needs, and those of my family, first. Thank you for the opportunity to have served this community.
- Dangerous messaging from KileyThis morning a new Kevin Kiley ad was running on my TV. It focuses on his plans to “secure the border.” It’s typical GOP messaging. The same messaging that gave us the tragedies in Buffalo and El Paso. It’s dangerous messaging and needs to come to an end.
- Thank you Democratsy fellow Placer County Democrats, first allow me to thank you for the privilege you have bestowed upon me by allowing me to serve as Chair of this Central Committee. It has been the honor of a lifetime.
- Looking back at 2021This year, 2021, would normally be an “off” year. A year for planning, training, recruiting and getting ready for the 2022 campaign season. Looking back … Read more
- Leave Question 2 BlankVoters will decide two questions on the upcoming California recall election: Should Gavin Newsom be recalled? Who should replace Gavin Newsom if Question 1 passes? … Read more