Welcome to the Politics portion of my website. I’ve been dabbling in politics since the 2008 campaign when I felt inspired by Barack Obama’s first campaign to get off the couch and make a difference.
I’m currently serving as the Chair of the Placer County Democratic Central Committee. I’m working to make life better for the people around whom I grew up: workers, immigrants, and others who think their voice is not heard.
Below is a listing of blog posts categorized as “politics.” They’re a glimpse into what is happening at the time they’re written. A digital time-capsule of sorts.
- Time to get back to work!There is a screw on the wall of my back deck. We’ve not used it in the 10 years. Yet, it’s there, at the ready. As we come out of our Lockdown Life®we must all be ready to get back to work.
- Consistently wrongCalifornia District 4 congressman Tom McClintock (R – Elk Grove) has mis-represented his constituents and his neighbors (they’re not the same) for many years now. But he has been consistent. Consistently wrong.
- McClintock MessagingTom McClintock has learned to emulate the “former guy” and use distortions, half-truths, and cherry-picked facts (aka “lies”) to influence his supporters.
- Campaigning under COVIDRegardless of the outcome, the work continues. We will still have people struggling to find a place to live. We will still have children in our communities who go to sleep hungry. We will still have people ostracized for the color of their skin or where they choose to worship. There will always more to do.
- Destruction of USPS – Why would they do that?“Mail call!” The 1MC* aboard the USS Marvin Shields sent out the call and a dozen division mail clerks scurried to pick up the mail for the sailors in their Division.