This morning, I logged on to my Google Analytics account and reviewed my site stats for my various sites. I was shocked when I saw that there were no hits on this site. “What’s going on?” I asked myself. Plenty, as it turns out.
After a year (or more) of struggling with getting good SEO for a website I cobbled together, my client and I have decided to bite the bullet and switch out custom .NET site over to WordPress. This was a much taller order than I had hoped. Worse, we’ve lost some functionality along the way.
Recently, I changed website hosting. In doing so, I created some problems for people who were visiting my site that went un-noticed for several weeks. (Not sure if that’s good or bad!). This site is hosted on WordPress. So after I set up my new website’s server software, I exported the content from the website… Continue reading Backslash problems
So I finally gave in and updated my blog engine. It was (almost) a seamless experience.
I’ve converted my site to a WordPress site. Enjoy!
I’ve finally decided to do something new: I installed the WordPress application on my website. This was actually pretty easy to do. This site is hosted by GoDaddy, with whom I’ve had some head-banging good times (see this). But this time, I simply clicked a few buttons, waited a short while, and voila! Here we… Continue reading My First WordPress Post