Recently, I changed website hosting. In doing so, I created some problems for people who were visiting my site that went un-noticed for several weeks. (Not sure if that’s good or bad!).

This site is hosted on WordPress. So after I set up my new website’s server software, I exported the content from the website on my old hosting provider and imported the content into the site on my new server. Somewhere in that process, all my backslash characters (“\”) got dropped altogether.  Backslashes aren’t used a lot outside of computer programming in a Microsoft environment. But since I have a page that deals with Compiling from the Command Line, this is important!

So I spent some time today, going over all the code snippets on that page and putting back in all the backslashes that were dropped during the server migration. I will be spending the next several hours going over all the other pages and posts on the site. I’m sure that there will be other instances of “bad code” going out to the world.

I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *